Privacy and Cookies
Privacy legislation and cookies
Rotterdam Ahoy respects the privacy of all its website users and recipients of its newsletters, and is responsible for ensuring that the personal information that you provide us is handled confidentially. We only use your information for sending the newsletters you require, to contact you after participation in contests/promotions or for analysis purposes regarding events visited, and for information about our online media.
In this privacy statement, we outline how Ahoy handles the personal data of people such as visitors to Ahoy websites and those who buy entry tickets for events organised by Ahoy (hereinafter referred to as 'the user’ or 'you’).
When you give your information to Ahoy, you agree to the terms and conditions as they are laid down in this privacy statement.
Ahoy gathers and registers information such as the user’s first name and surname, as well as the user’s address, e-mail address, and landline and mobile phone numbers. Ahoy is located at Ahoyweg 10 in Rotterdam. In this privacy statement, we explain what Ahoy does with your personal data.
This privacy statement does not apply to the third-party websites (such as Ahoy partners) to which Ahoy offers a hyperlink. Please visit the websites in question to view the privacy policies of these parties. Ahoy is not responsible for the privacy policies of third-party websites. A few examples of the third parties that we are referring to are: major online advertisers, organisers or sponsors of events that take place in Ahoy, and parties that are responsible for handling ticket sales.
Ahoy may use your information:
- for the provision of services related to events in the broadest sense;
- for the management of its customer administration;
- to provide you with information about promotions and other events that are being organised in Ahoy, for instance via mailings (e-mail or by post);
- to improve its services (for instance, by conducting surveys);
- to register visitor information on its websites, or parts of its websites;
- to conduct market research surveys;
- to improve and protect its websites;
- for behavioural advertising, to display advertisements targeting you in particular, also on third-party sites via advertisement networks;
- to analyse visitors to events.
Your information will not be used for purposes other than the ones mentioned above.
Changing information or unsubscribing
At the bottom of every e-mail that you receive from Ahoy, you are given the option to unsubscribe from the mailing list. If you unsubscribe, you will no longer receive that specific newsletter from Ahoy or the event in question.
Ahoy does its utmost to ensure that your information is properly protected. Only those persons who need access to the information for their jobs are given access to the computers on which user information is stored. The computers are equipped with security systems and access codes.
Provision of information
We will not provide third parties with information unless we are required to do so by law. Ahoy will not provide personal data to parties in countries outside the European Union without the necessary consent or authorisation.